- Other trades certificate or diploma
- Cooking and related culinary arts, general
- 3 years to less than 5 years
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Manage kitchen operations
- Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Cook Trade Certification
- Experience and specialization
Area of work experience
- Security and safety
- Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
- Personal suitability
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Time management
- Other benefits
- Free parking available
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- References attesting experience
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of the requested certifications
- Cover letter
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
Are you willing to relocate for this position?
Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
What is the highest level of study you have completed?